Auto start stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking at a new Expedition (Limited Stealth performance).

One option on the online configurator is to disable the auto start stop. Is this a permanent setting? Or can this be turned on and off by the owner.

I think I would want it off most of the time. But I could see wanting it on in heavy traffic or in the city.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the Auto Start-Stop removal option on the Build and Price tool. If you select that option the Auto Start-Stop will not be installed at the factory and it will never function since the hardware isn't there. If you do not select that option it will be installed and you can turn it off anytime you want by hitting the button for it on the dash. It will default to Auto Start-Stop on everytime you start the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the Auto Start-Stop removal option on the Build and Price tool. If you select that option the Auto Start-Stop will not be installed at the factory and it will never function since the hardware isn't there. If you do not select that option it will be installed and you can turn it off anytime you want by hitting the button for it on the dash. It will default to Auto Start-Stop on everytime you start the vehicle.

Thanks!

Chuck E

Reaction score
My vote is for the AutoStopEliminator; it allows you to turn on auto-stop-start when you want it. It'll cost you but sometimes it's nice to have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Install it right behind the button on your dash.
Never worry about auto stop again. Retains the functionality if you want to turn it on.

So.... are you telling me that (stock) I would have to turn it off every time I get in the truck?