Automatic Braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember there was some back and forth on here a few months back about whether the new Expys will actually apply the brakes for you (couldn’t find the thread, sorry).

Well I can confirm that it does have that ability and it works. I was turning left through an intersection this morning and the car in front of me decided to slam on its brakes for no reason (seriously, we were the only two in the intersection!). I was not paying enough attention and would have absolutely rear ended him but my truck CRUSHED the brake pedal and brought me to a very abrupt halt.

So it’s there and it works.

I’ve had the flashing red light before but this was that AND hard braking.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here...i was behind a truck and trailer and it stopped abruptly. I tried to hit the brake and when i did the truck already had stopped. Gotta be careful at times though, sometimes it wont register a car in front of you, like cars not completely in front of the truck

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very good to know! Hope I don’t have to test it. I live in Florida and yesterday I had highway driving with high winds, and heavy rain, was very impressed how the truck handled.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drivers assist pkg, xlt 202, or ltd 300 and above

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember there was some back and forth on here a few months back about whether the new Expys will actually apply the brakes for you (couldn’t find the thread, sorry).

Well I can confirm that it does have that ability and it works. I was turning left through an intersection this morning and the car in front of me decided to slam on its brakes for no reason (seriously, we were the only two in the intersection!). I was not paying enough attention and would have absolutely rear ended him but my truck CRUSHED the brake pedal and brought me to a very abrupt halt.

So it’s there and it works.

I’ve had the flashing red light before but this was that AND hard braking.
So when it activated how bad did it scare you?? The first time my red blinking light thing went off it scared me half to death!! I’d imagine the car abruptly stopping itself would be twice as unnerving. Glad you’re ok!

Also, I’m not sure if this is always the case but my emergency braking was not enabled when I took delivery, I had to enable that feature.

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m used to the red light (if someone is slowing down to turn right into a driveway I usually get closer to their rear than my truck would like...so I hear it a lot).

What scared me here was the noise from the brakes! It made a deep growling noise when it slammed on the brakes. If you’re familiar with the slight grinding the adaptive cruise control makes when it brakes, it’s like that...but MUCH louder.

My four year old was in the back and he thought it was hilarious. Because of course he did...he’s four.