Automatic Climate Control Whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayton Rich

Reaction score
Hi Guys, My first post.

I have a 2008 Non EL EB with automatic climate control with an annoying issue. Once the system reaches the selected temp the climate control system produces a significant airflow whistle (sort of like a window opened just a crack). Once i the temp falls or rises, the whistle goes away. I am thinking it is a failing blend door actuator, however, before I tear into it I was hoping the experts here could confirm.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does that when I have one of the dash vents closed. Can you kinda crawl under there and narrow down location. You also might run the self diagnostic test, it may answer your question. Post your progress.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does this! Sometimes the fan will be going a certain speed and it will suddenly start to squeal or whistle. I just turn the climate control off entirely, and then back on and it stops.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You press the off and floor button simultaneously, then within two seconds press the automatic button. That will put the system into diagnostics. Be sure inside of vehicle is between 40 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit, or readings are thrown off. This time of year that might be tough for you guys in Midwest, and east coast, with temps only hitting 40, at warmest part of day. Hopefully you have a garage to do test in. Post your findings!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk