B&O speaker grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deep8174

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Had the front right passenger speaker grille damaged and I don’t know how. I’m wondering if anyone know if there is a speaker grille replacement for the bang and olufsen front speaker grille? My dealer says the whole door panel has to be replaced but I find that suspiciously doubtful. It looks like the grille can be popped right off when I use a finger nail to pull it slightly. Don’t want to risk any further damage at this point.

Tried searching for the part but no joy. Anyone here have any ideas? Cheers.

I’ve got the 20’ plat max.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like they were right. Diagram

You could try a breakers yard to see if there's a totalled 18-20 Expy you can get the part off.

OP
OP
Deep8174

Deep8174

Reaction score
It’ll be hard to find. Very rare to see them around here. It’s a shame since it’s only the round speaker grill. Seems like overkill to change the entire panel

Gillbrak

Reaction score
This might be a long shot but could you use one of these 3D printer pens? Full disclosure I’ve never used one so cant speak to their product.

SCRIB3D Advanced 3D Printing Pen with Display - Includes Advanced 3D Printing Pen, 3 Starter Colors of PLA Filament Stencil Book + Project Guide, and Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HM3X3D...abc_5PCSZQDV4XMWCADJ1XE5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Deep8174

Deep8174

Reaction score
3D printing does seem like a more cost effective way to repair the grille damage. The damage is specifically a hole punched into the B&O sign in the center of the speaker grille. However, I’m pretty sure my arts and crafts skill will make it look like a kindergarten’s drawing. Maybe borrow my buddy’s 3d printer if I can get my hands on the design. Thanks for the ideas and pennies

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
I think your dealer is right. I took delivery of my 2020 Expedition and a couple of days later noticed the chrome ring around the driver's door speaker was missing. They are replacing the whole door panel because of it. Not to mention they lost the first door panel they ordered. The new one was ordered and should be installed next week. A whole door panel for a chrome ring. Come on FORD.

OP
OP
Deep8174

Deep8174

Reaction score
Apparently this was missing during delivery and I didn’t even notice until days later. Dealer said they’ll cover under warranty but need to replace entire door panel.

3C3F35E7-B15E-4575-914A-F0B30EA3A9D4.jpeg

OP
OP
Deep8174

Deep8174

Reaction score
I’ll see what the dealer will let me keep when I actually have a chance to even go. We have been hit by two snow storm systems and I haven’t the chance to get the install done.