Back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skmcclain

Reaction score
Had to take my 2020 EXPY to the dealership today because I have been having a rainbow screen when my camera is on the screen. They told me they have already had to replace quite a few in the new Expys. But unfortunately the manufacturer that makes the cameras is on backorder so it will be a few more weeks! Just a heads up to all new Expy owners!

utmeep

Reaction score
500 miles and my backup cam just went out... What a fail.

RotorMx

Reaction score
It's a 2020 thing. My 2020 F250 just went in for it. The really crappy part is that they are failing in mass, so the parts are backordered.

Reaction score
Known problem and dealer will replace my BU camera once back order issue settled; just waiting fro new camera to arrive. I have 2020 XLT MAX w/4,000 miles. Sometimes it works, some times not. Very frustrating.

utmeep

Reaction score
One of the 3rd Gen guys suggest to use an air compressor to blow out anything that may be in the camera housing area. I did that this morning and it fixed it for me.

Well it happened again and this time this didn't fix the issue... Stupid a$$ ford engineers.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front camera wasn’t working when I bought mine. The dealer had to order a new one. Between the camera issue, debris in the tail lights, and the water leaks I’m not too impressed with “initial quality.”