Back up warning...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountrySplatt

Reaction score
Hi All, question...

I have seen a few posts about the backup sensors not working, and it is just a fuse for that. What about when the sensors are working...just not making any sound. For instance, when I have a trailer attached and put it in reverse, the radio goes silent as if it were trying to make the warning sounds, but no sound is played on the speakers. I noticed it had gotten erratic, and recently completely stopped making any sound when the sensors are tripped. Any ideas?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sensor (gives dash error to check parking aid) seems to randomly not work for a day and will be fine for months, I suspect a connection somewhere as it always seems to coincide with an especially heavy rainstorm or similar. Having a camera on there I don't rely on it much but having an extra info on things I may not see is great.

I wish mine was just a speaker, it's probably the easiest thing to get to on these of all the things that could fail.

OP
OP
CountrySplatt

CountrySplatt

Reaction score
@Aspen03, I would check the wiring near the sensors in the back bumper, if you were worried about it. The harness back there, seems to be more prone to damage and false errors and if you are seeing it only during rain, kinda sounds like the wires are getting wet to me. ;)

Heck, looking in the picture above, the C494 connection might actually your culprit. The seal on the back window is probably leaking a little, and it is running under the carpet and escaping around that grommet. Agreed, it doesn't look as easy to reach as the speaker, though. :(