Backup Camera Intermittent Operation - 2015 EL XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott216

Reaction score
I can get a replacement FL1T-19G490-AC camera on ebay for about $60. I don't know it it's any good, but it's probably worth a try.

OP
OP
M

MDEVIR

Reaction score
Looking at your camera pictures, I see no visual difference from the 19G490 cameras you can get on Ebay for around $60. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-NEW...ash=item3aea721d50:g:l4sAAOSw-ldZZbq3&vxp=mtr

IMO - I think it would be worth trying for the $200 cost savings.
How difficult was it to to disassemble the rear lift gate to access and inspect the camera?
Mine has been working again more frequently which makes me think I have a loose connection.

OP
OP
M

MDEVIR

Reaction score
The $10 Service Manual you got on ebay, was it worth the purchase for this project and others? Not bought a Ford Service Manual prior.

OP
OP
M

MDEVIR

Reaction score
What did you end up purchasing to replace your camera and at what cost?

scott216

Reaction score
I got a camera on ebay for $55, but I haven't installed it yet because my original backup camera has been working fine. I took the original out just to see if I could and re-installed it. Maybe doing that cleaned the contacts or something, because it's been fine ever since. I did read that if I did install the replacement camera, I might have to use some some software to configure it.

ebay camera: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253041450320
Software download: http://forscan.org/download.html

video on software config:

OP
OP
M

MDEVIR

Reaction score
I have not removed mine, as it similarly has been working most of the time (weather has been dry). I did buy Ford manual from ebay which is quite the book - but it seemed not very specific to the 2015 model.

To remove camera or clean connector, do you have to go at from inside and outside? Do not want to tear apart inside if can get at it from outside. Appreciate any done that advice.

Programming video looks to be a bit complex, and a cable is needed to connect to OBDII. Thanks for the help.

scott216

Reaction score
The manual does a decent job of showing you what to do. You need to remove the inside panel, I just detached about 2/3 of it, I didn't need to take the whole thing off. Then you can get to the nuts that hold on the outside trim which houses the camera.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357