Backup camera wiring colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm changing out my factory nav for a aftermarket unit using an idatalink maestro. I was surprised to find out that the maestro didn't have a provision for the backup camera.. I've got to wire that myself.

My stock nav had the backup camera on the main display so I;m certain the wires I need are at the back of the radio. Anyone know the wire colors?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're right.. sorry. 2013 Expedition limited.

From the research I've done since posting it looks like the wires I need are on their own connector. I'll know for sure when I pull the stock uint out tomorrow.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is from an iDatalink forum. It worked fine on my 2011 Expy. The wires will have to be soldered.

The wires should be:
White/Green (Video +)
Brown/Violet (Video -)

StaticDrop

Reaction score
4 years later and this thread helped me out. I was able to connect the back up camera in my 2010 navigator using info above. I'll add that the brown/violet and white/green cables were on their own connector with no other pins in use. This was a 2010 Navigator w/ Nav and THX prior to head unit install.

Thank you!

dredogg48

Reaction score
4 years later and this thread helped me out. I was able to connect the back up camera in my 2010 navigator using info above. I'll add that the brown/violet and white/green cables were on their own connector with no other pins in use. This was a 2010 Navigator w/ Nav and THX prior to head unit install.

Thank you!

Can you tell me how it helped you? I would like to know what I am soldering the wire too?

txnadiag

Reaction score

Thank you!

Thank you!
Where did you access the cables from? Did you pull them out of the mirror or did you divert them from somewhere on the passenger side of the vehicle? Do you have pics of your work?