Bang & Olufsen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious what others think of the B&O stereo system in their Expeditions. It sure fills the vehicle with sound, but I'm still on the fence as to whether this upgrade feature is that much better than several other vehicles I've been in. I adjusted it while on the long road trip back from CO after picking up the rig. Definitely no slouch, but was expecting a bit more pure sound - especially with Sirius/XM.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will say that it is far superior to the garbage in my fully loaded Acura MDX (an overall terd of a car) that I had before my Expedition.

As far as B&O vs stock I have no comparison.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
I think it is better than our previous Sony system in our old ‘16 limited. I have also found that anything Sirius seems to have worse sound than radio or streamed music from our phones.

No audiophile here but just my opinion.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious what others think of the B&O stereo system in their Expeditions. It sure fills the vehicle with sound, but I'm still on the fence as to whether this upgrade feature is that much better than several other vehicles I've been in. I adjusted it while on the long road trip back from CO after picking up the rig. Definitely no slouch, but was expecting a bit more pure sound - especially with Sirius/XM.

Oh that

There's your problem. ALL premium systems sound dull playing Sirius, because it is pretty old low tech, low bandwidth basic streaming.

Even Pandora over Bluetooth without HD mode will usually rip Sirius a new one

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It gets better over time. Mine sounded like I was inside a tin can with no bass for the first 5,000 miles then the speakers loosened up and it sounds much better.

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mostly podcasts here and inteligability is ok

Music and B&O? get out of here.....B&O never was and never will be good for music.

But its better than the shaker in my Mustang '14. But there I have the Borla S and a V8 to make the sound ;-)

That said a car is never a concert hall. Take your great ride to a concert and enjoy the music

sorry for the trolling ;-)

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good topic

did not check my spare since I have it..3months...shame on me ;-)

Is the spare wheel always the same size no matter the trim? What is the wheel size of a Plat?

thanks much!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like it alot, its clear, strong and like you said, fills the cabin. I mostly stream through my phone, but i also use a usb with music with varying degrees of genre, content and quality. Most of my discord comes from the balance, which is a bit too good. It lacks the dynamicism id like in the music. Im coming from a nav with the thx system, which honestly to this day is best ive heard in a car. It was great in in that concept. But the b&o is fantastic to listen to diff genres as everythong sounds good. My wifes mazda has a bose unit, which is also pretty damn good, its slightly more intricate, but the b&o is slightly better overall. Also, ive noticed the sound is way better in the middle of the sec row.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SiriusXM is a complete joke of a service now, imo. Way back when they were split (Sirius vs XM) and they were trying hard to get clients, their stream was far superior. I believe, to save money (along with the merge), they compressed their service and the sound is tinny and not full at all. In addition to that, they want you to pay full price for all aspects of the service including traffic etc. LMAO. (Yes, I know you can get deals now and then)

That being said, while the B&O system is decent in comparaison to my THX system in my wife's MKT I find the THX is fuller and more present. Knowing now what I know, I would not purposely upgrade the system if it were a standalone option.

Of course there are still a lot of factors that play into this such as:

• Bluetooth stream vs USB connected device streaming
  • Bit rate of the actual copied song
  • Regular FM vs HD radio (we really have no HD radio channels where I am)
  • Proximity to source signal
  • etc...