Battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69ford99

Reaction score
My battery gets low after 3-4 hours. I haven't had a chance to do a voltage drop test yet but I charged my battery and unhook it after I get to work or home to keep it from going dead. I charged it today to 100 percent. I hooked up battery and drove 40 miles to work then unhooked it. The drive home and shut off truck and put battery charger on battery to see how much charge it had. Charger said 70 percent. It's an AGM battery. The voltmeter says 12.6 with key off and 14.5 with truck at idle.

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Common rear wiper never parks correctly and drains Battery. could be your problem.

OP
OP

69ford99

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy, but I deleted rear wiper already.

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wifes 2005 the rear dvd player would sometime stick and keep playing even with nothing showing on the screen,dvd motor just kept running.finally found out make a fist and hit it !!!! shut off everytime

OP
OP

69ford99

Reaction score
Someone else with an 03 said there drain issue was the glove box light. I unplugged it and drain is gone