Battery Monitoring 2019 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3bs

Reaction score
I just got set up with Forscan and I'm trying to learn how to use it. I found the Battery Monitoring module, and was able to read the various data values present, but I did not see one for "State of Charge". I've been experiencing the telltale symptoms of early battery problems (disabled auto stop/start, disabled touch controls on doors), and was wondering if there is a way to pull up what the car thinks the state of charge % is. I found a video by FordTechMakuloco which shows that value displayed, but I don't know what system he was using.

BTW, I connected my battery charger and it was showing 11.9 volts with the engine off. Forscan was showing 14.6V with the engine running. I suppose I could simply put a new battery in and hope the problems clear up, but I'd like to understand how the system works better. FWIW, a new battery was installed by the selling dealer at the time of purchase in May, 2019, so it's 3-1/2 years old. Always on a tender when not driven at least once per week.

kingkase

Reaction score
I think its odd that with all the readings we CAN get from the Driver information console that a Voltmeter is not available.

LegalBrief

Reaction score
11.9 is not enough, the 14.6 is the alternators attempt to refill the battery.

2019 is as you said 3.5 years behind us and the AGM batteries are touchy, if they get discharged they don’t recover. New battery is cheap and easy, probably still under warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni