bbk throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so its for HP...not MPG...got it...i have the intake, programmer, exhaust...no pulleys, no headers, no fans

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fans would be your next best purchase for larger HP, torque, and MPG gains.
by eliminating the clutch fan hanging off the front of your engine, it removes all the drag and extra power it took to turn that fan. which means all that extra power and torque is now at the disposal of your right foot. As long as you drive like normal you will also see an improvement of about 2 MPG immediately.

under drive pulleys will help even more by eliminating the rest of the parasitic drag from the serpentine belt, it does this by changing the size of three (3) of the pulleys which frees up 10-15 or so HP, and some torque, and some (like .2 -.5) MPG and does not change any of the characteristics of how the system runs or charges.
I think the kit changes the size of the crank, idler, and alternator.

also, don't worry about headers, unless you can find LONG TUBE headers.
shorty headers (for the price) deliver almost no change. They are terrible to put in also because of the aluminum heads. (not so much going in, but it's breaking the bolts off while getting the OEM out.)
long tube headers (so I've heard) offer a scavenging effect which increases the H.P. and torque.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
DJ, thank you for the advise...Gas mileage is really what I am after....but I was hoping the little things you can do would bring this slug alive and gain some HP. I will say with this new Edge CS tuner it did bring it to life and crisp-en shift points...I guess I just have to much time on my hands!! LOL...and the truck is a toy for me...I have always had new or leased and you cant screw with them to much...I have had alot of fun making this truck me...thanks again for the good advise....This forum is GREAT!

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as I learned researching engines some years ago:
1) the easiest way to gain power is flow more fuel through the engine.
2) running more gas through the motor always lowers fuel mileage.

there's always workarounds, but they tend to be expensive, complicated, etc.
Also, changing gearing does NOT "produce power". It just moves the HP and torque you already have to a different place in the RPM range.