BCM Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Infra246

Reaction score
I got a call from the dealer today that they are going to order and replace my BCM / Body Control module. The issue I am having is that the steering wheel does not telecope out on a regular basis when starting the vehicle. It is very inconsistent only comes out half the time. The front seat memory module was already replaced and did not resolve the issue. Does anyone know if the telescoping steering interacts with the BCM? Has anyone had issue with the BCM that needed replacement?

I checked a few posts and it seems the BCM controls/interfaces with many other modules. I also have other weird electrical gremlins I am hoping this BCM replacement might address. For example whenever I put the truck in reverse the left rear sensor is always alarming whether something is there or not, as soon as you move it stops. I also notice that during snowy conditions I get a lot of alarms for sensors not available etc. Which I understand can occur due to snow or ice covering the various sensors. However, I will say that on my 2019 which had all of the same systems I rarely got any warning at all, it would be very rare whereas the 2022 seems ultra sensitive. I am hoping the BCM replacement is a miracle cure. lol

ShawnP

Reaction score
I just had all my exterior lights stop working. The are saying BCM. I too had the "ghost" issue from the rear left...but it has not done it in a while. I have also had the GPS go nuts....and the various running board.....door handle sensors.....etc. types of issues on my 2020. I have a 2018 F-150 and I have not had any of those issues with it.

ShawnP

Reaction score
Update.....got the Expy back...BCM was replaced and everything is now fine (except for the loss of $1700 and not having the vehicle for more than a week).