Best fuel additive for carbon deposit removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr67Stang

Reaction score
I will say Seafoam as well. However, Lucas just came out with a competitive product. I work for a major retail auto parts store and can see no difference between the two products. Check out the related video....

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't pour any of these into the crankcase where the oil is. It will ruin your bearings. If you use a quality synthetic oil, you wont have any sludge buildup inside the engine.

Personally I use CRC Intake Valve cleaner. You insert the tube into the intake while it is running and spray the entire can into the engine. Go drive it hard to clean it out.

Here is the link http://www.crcindustries.com/products/gdi-ivd-174-intake-valve-cleaner-11-wt-oz-05319.html

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't pour any of these into the crankcase where the oil is. It will ruin your bearings. If you use a quality synthetic oil, you wont have any sludge buildup inside the engine.

Personally I use CRC Intake Valve cleaner. You insert the tube into the intake while it is running and spray the entire can into the engine. Go drive it hard to clean it out.

Here is the link http://www.crcindustries.com/products/gdi-ivd-174-intake-valve-cleaner-11-wt-oz-05319.html

I'd be cautious doing this with an ecoboost motor due to the carbon that can break free and end up between the cylinder walls and pistons or worse in a turbo. Ford has warned against induction cleaning in the past.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be cautious doing this with an ecoboost motor due to the carbon that can break free and end up between the cylinder walls and pistons or worse in a turbo. Ford has warned against induction cleaning in the past.

I am glad I have an oil catch can so there should be very little carbon on my 2017 intake valves.

For the record, I have not used the CRC Intake valve cleaner on my 17 Expy. Heck it only has 800 miles on it so far. I have used this on my 08 Expy and my 13 Mustang with good results.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357