Best Heater Hose Disconnect Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjrodney

Reaction score
I squeezed and squeezed but my hands are too big to get a good grip of the heater hose quick connects.

15 seconds with a zip tie was all it took. Loop the tie loosely around the hose, slide it back over the ears of the coupling, and clamp down. Works like it was actually designed that way!

Attachments

• 48476C72-4B0C-4266-858B-DFD925E11836.jpeg
    48476C72-4B0C-4266-858B-DFD925E11836.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 39

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I squeezed and squeezed but my hands are too big to get a good grip of the heater hose quick connects.

15 seconds with a zip tie was all it took. Loop the tie loosely around the hose, slide it back over the ears of the coupling, and clamp down. Works like it was actually designed that way!

Nice idea.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Thanks for sharing - including a good photo.

BigRed2004

Reaction score
I had to replace the inlet hose behind the Heater Control Valve today. It was not a fun project, approximately 75 minutes total. I did use your tip to assist with the job. It didn’t take me 15 seconds unfortunately. I still had to manually push down and break the old tabs to get over the lip (I couldn‘t get zip tie tight enough I don’t think in such a cramped space). But I’m sure the zip tie still helped as I could at least get some movement on the hose thanks to it. I don’t look forward to replacing the exit hose from the heater core, but I now have zip ties and experience. Thank you for the suggestions to all of us on the forum.