Best Oil Analysis Lab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello Forum -

having had some tapping noise issues after cam phaser surgery, & having lost confidence in the work done, i'm seeking the best oil analysis lab to also find out if there are any significant metal contaminants in my oil supply before it's changed out...

anyone have recommendations or experience with any of the oil analysis labs?

currently considering Blackstone in Ft. Wayne Indiana - but i know there are a few out there

thanks

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it by chance sound like either of these?

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish! Definitely not the wastegate. Sounds like a lifter - clack clack clackKing. Comes and goes whenever it wants to, very occasional, when Ambient temperature Is 90+. Most of the time during the first 5 minutes, but sometimes it has remained throughout extend driving. The dealer has it today but of course it’s not making the noise as usual.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh, sorry to hear that... that's depressing. Mine has has a very similar sound to what you described when I first picked mine up.. I actually thought for a second they had made it worse. Mine seems to have gone away now at least but still have my WG rattle.

It's incredibly saddening to see so many people have these issues on from what I've gathered that most love their expeditions/f150s/etc. I have cycled through vehicles my entire life about every 9 months to 18 months because I get bored with stuff almost immediately. I've finally come across something I haven't modified in anyway and absolutely love driving 18k miles a year. Go figure, it has tons of issues lol.

In my frustration yesterday I went in test drove a 2021 Tundra 1794 edition because I had intended on trading it in........ man what a incredibly disappointing vehicle that was LOL! The 3.5 EB has basically ruined me from going back to a NA motor. Please Ford fix these issues for the upcoming years!!!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know who the best is, but Blackstone is competent and I've been satisfied with their services. I'm going to be sending them an oil and coolant sample very soon (191k on the clock atm).

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blackstone for the past 15 years. No complaints.

I haven't tried other labs.