Best Tire option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this (lots of posts on this Forum) when I got my first light truck (LT) tires. Absolutely advised to run higher pressure. I run 45 in my Kumho Road Venture AT51's and my Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. There are engineering tables to show you what pressure to run or you can do various "tire patch to the road" methods to show you the right pressure.
Thanks - yes, now I remember the tire patch methods I read about on this forum somewhere...

OP
OP
F

freitz

Reaction score
Looks like the Defenders LTX M/S are best all rounder for everything I'm in maryland but travel north during winter so will run into slow but this seems like it should handle just fine.

OP
OP
F

freitz

Reaction score
Costco Has great deal on the Defender LTX M/S right now 150$ instant rebate. Good time to buy. Just ordered mine.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tires are also very region/weather type specific. No argument that snow tires are best in snow. But many of us are smart enough to not live where its icy and snows 3-4 months out of the yr lol - kidding aside...

In my California use case solid quality brand name All Seasons work best. I put a set of those BFG Advantage T/A Sports on my Subaru 45,000 miles ago and trust me 2 Subarus and 20 yrs I tried em all. These BFGs were awesome. So I put them on my heavy Sequoia and put 10,000 miles on them before I sold it to my dad. Again super impressed with those BFG Advantage Sports. No hit to mileage, no impact to ride quality. Great durability, good mud and Snow performance, good road performance. And great wear.

Michelin and BFG come out of the same manufacturing plant. Both brands offer some of the best tires available. Especially for bigger heavier vehicles.

I’ve tried pretty much all the other stuff Continentals were always mehh and consistently ended up with out of round tires and marginal life. The worst tires I ran on the Sequoia were those geolanders I had so many leaky tires and flats they were horrible.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Figured I'd revive this topic. I'm getting ready to get a new set of tires (I'm running on Blizzaks right now) as one of my OE Dynapros had a blowout right at the perfect time to winter swap them in the fall.

Now I need to choose correctly. I do not need an AT tire, looking for something a little more perf oriented / summer set up since I have winters.

What do ya'll think of these on the OE rims?

• Toyo Proxes S-T or ST III
  • Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
  • Continental Premium Contact 6
  • Yoko Prada X PA02
  • Michelin Premier LTX (I know not really summer / perf oriented)

I wish Extreme Contact DWS was available in 22...

Any others that should make the list?

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Figured I'd revive this topic. I'm getting ready to get a new set of tires (I'm running on Blizzaks right now) as one of my OE Dynapros had a blowout right at the perfect time to winter swap them in the fall.

Now I need to choose correctly. I do not need an AT tire, looking for something a little more perf oriented / summer set up since I have winters.

What do ya'll think of these on the OE rims?

• Toyo Proxes S-T or ST III
  • Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
  • Continental Premium Contact 6
  • Yoko Prada X PA02
  • Michelin Premier LTX (I know not really summer / perf oriented)

I wish Extreme Contact DWS was available in 22...

Any others that should make the list?

I had 22" Scorpion Verde's on my 2015. They wore like iron, and were quiet on the highway, unlike the Hankook Dynapro's which so noisy.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always have good luck with Bridgestone. Might compare them at Costco to the Michelin’s

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking at the Toyo Proxes ST myself. Especially since the can be had on Amazon here in the States for $129 each for the 275/55R20 117V rating. Don't worry much about snow and ice here.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the Nitto Nt420s 's on my Escalade for summer tires with no problems. Always seemed solid, tread life was good for my 20-24k kms per year. I had them I think 3 years and still lots of tread left (using as a summer only tire). I read tons of reviews, one guy said they were great in snow and had a picture of his truck in about 1-1.5' of snow! They are 'technically' an all season, but don't do great on ice, although that day drove my FIL's Ram with BFG AT and it sucked too

Nitto-NT420S-Angle.jpg