1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to create flat/level floor with no gaps?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by MATT CONTI, May 1, 2021.

1. MATT CONTI

MATT CONTI Member

Just got a 2008 - and length/width are fine, but the folded flat 2nd row is still about 1.5” taller than the back 2/3 of the cargo area - and they don’t have the folding flaps like my 2000 that created a flat surface. What’s a good way to “raise” that back part to create a level floor, and fill in the gaps? My wife will need to do this for camping - so heavy plywood probably won’t work for her...

2. sjwelds

sjwelds Full Access Members

For starters, the second row has a handle for cargo mode. Have you done that? Should be mostly flat if you have...

3. MATT CONTI

MATT CONTI Member

Yes I’ve done that, it’s mostly flat but it’s still at least an inch higher than the rest. One guy built a platform box that had a “step” in it to create a level/flat/solid 49x78 (or whatever) platform. I’m just trying to do that simply, (don’t need drawers or any of that) and not heavy. If it’s possible

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    sjwelds likes this.
  4. GAIN-MOB

GAIN-MOB Supporting Member Supporting Member

i know what u mean but is it a really big deal to figure out? what does she haul that would be thrown off?

5. tommyddsr

tommyddsr Full Access Members

My 2009 is flat in cargo mode. I also would like a solution to fill the annoying gap (besides towels, blankets, etc.). I also had a 2000 model and the built in flaps were great. Why Ford regressed on this feature I have no idea.