BFG KO2 Raptor Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tys expedition

Reaction score
Good morning! Ever since I bought my expedition (a used 2018 max plat with HD tow package) I've been trolling around reading every wheel tire post on here. i came away with all the knowledge i needed to make an educated guess on fitment for my replacement wheel tire package. off to craigslist for some raptor takeoffs. im way more interested in function over form so the forged raptor beadlocks strike me as an insane value. i may never headlock them but i couldn't even find a forged wheel for the price of a set of takeoffs. plus i think they look awesome. if you're like me and you read everything on here you came away unsure what size tire would fit especially because going to a 17 inch wheel isn't a common mod around here. lets hit the important stuff.

newer 17 inch ford wheels appear to fit any 4th gen expedition regardless of ccd or what yours came with. the one caveat is you will need to trim approximately 3/8 inch off the rear half shaft to install the pretty center caps on the rears.

a 285/70/17 tire will fit and is approximately 2 percent larger than stock. it equates to 635rev/mile vs 647rev/mile with the stock 285/45/22.

a 285/75/17 will fit but will rub under full stuff at lock. the felt liner will probably not take much rubbing before failure. i opted for the 285/70/17 and they fit the wheel well nicely (as they should i suppose since they are essentially the stock size)

now subjective: i have ran almost every AT MT made on various toyotas over the past 20 years. the KO2 is the best tire I've ever ran. i will use them exclusively until big makes a better tire. on something this heavy time will tell how they hold up. but on a taco and a 4runner i get tons of life out of them and they flat out work. aired down to 18psi i almost never used my lockers. like seriously maybe four times over five years. at regular pressure on the road they're very quiet. cabin noise measured 2 db louder than the pirelli scorpions they replaced.

ill update later with photos.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! But its itchin for a lift! I will be doing the same wheels with a 3/2 and 305/65/17's

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any of you guys running the ko2s had the issues of the tread coming apart like a retread? About 5-6 years ago I was looking for tires for my lifted ranger. Did a bunch of research and was going to go with the bfg ko2. And then started reading a bunch of reviews about the treads coming apart. And then realized they were sold off to a Chinese company and since doing so the quality has went down. So I just went with cheaper tires and never had any issues they lasted for years and were still in great shape when I sold it 3.5 years ago. So just curious if anyone on here has had that issue.