Biggest Tire 97 Expy XLT 4X2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristafer.Lock

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

New Here, Appreciate any advice I can get... I have been given a bunch of mixed opinions, as well as seen many. However, even after searching the forums, I have not been able to find the answer to my exact question, granted its probably been asked a million times.

I have the 1997 Ford Expedition
It is 2wd.
Stock factory 16x7 Rims
Stock Suspension, Willing to do 1-1.5in Torsion Lift.
Sitting on 265/75/16
Wanting 285/75/16

(I do realize I am talking about putting 285s on the smallest rim size possible)

In order to do the 285/75/16, Will I have to do anything major? (hammering the body, Fender Wells, etc?) or just 1-1.5in lift and maybe a little Valence trim and be good?

Looking at the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS as my Local America's Tire just quoted me $599 out the door for a full set of them in 285/75/16.

Thanks Guys!

OP
OP
K

Kristafer.Lock

Reaction score
Checking back in, I see I havent gotten any love... So while doing the oil change, plugs,wires, upper/lower control arms, and tie rod bushing as well as shocks, I noticed that their is no Torsion Bars on this truck...

Any Idea the biggest size I could squeeze under this truck on the stock rims?

bentpimp

Reaction score
would like to know if the 285/75/16's fit on your 97 2wd stock rims? just got a 98 2wd and i can't find an answer to this yet either...being its a 2wd oblviously. please let me know if you ever decided to try it out. thanks

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the 285 would be a problem at all. It's not that much bigger.

What I looked up shows 1.2 inches taller.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni