Biggest Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic Dad

Reaction score
I don’t see a thread on biggest trailer you’re pulling in the 4th Gen section only in 3rd Gen. I’d love to see what everyone is towing with their rig and tell us how much it weighs. Hope to see some awesome setups!

rvmode

Reaction score
I don’t see a thread on biggest trailer you’re pulling in the 4th Gen section only in 3rd Gen. I’d love to see what everyone is towing with their rig and tell us how much it weighs. Hope to see some awesome setups!
Float-On Trailer that came new with a 31 Contender and it needs adjustments for my 31 Fountain Hull. Currently the boat sits too far forward. Not sure total weight of the load but it's probably around 8,000 lbs. So far I've just towed it on local streets to the shop and back. 2022 Timberline with HD Tow Package handled it well on the 10 mile round trip but I'll circle back once everything is dialed in and we do our first Keys trip with exact weights and feedback.

Attachments

• Towing Aklula to OPllc.jpg
    Towing Aklula to OPllc.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Towing Aklula Home.jpg
    Towing Aklula Home.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 49

Dworth

Reaction score
Float-On Trailer that came new with a 31 Contender and it needs adjustments for my 31 Fountain Hull. Currently the boat sits too far forward. Not sure total weight of the load but it's probably around 8,000 lbs. So far I've just towed it on local streets to the shop and back. 2022 Timberline with HD Tow Package handled it well on the 10 mile round trip but I'll circle back once everything is dialed in and we do our first Keys trip with exact weights and feedback.
Play on playa. Nice setup.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've towed our 33' travel trailer about 9,000 miles with the Expedition. Loaded for a trip it's a little over 7,500lb. The weight isn't an issue, but it can get a little squirrely in the wind.

IMG_0565.jpeg

kupster

Reaction score
tempImageBkVSig.jpg
I researched all SUV's with the most towing capacity (I didn't want a pickup). The Expedition came out on top, so I bought this one. I knew that I would be pulling this 28" trailer that may be loaded to ~7000 pounds. With the weight distribution/anti-sway hitch and the Ford factory towing package, the Expedition pulls it very well. Made a round trip from central Illinois to Jupiter, FL. March '22 with no problem.

Last edited:

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a 3rd Gen Expedition. The heaviest I’ve towed is my 16ft trailer with the wife’s Buick Encore packed full of her work office equipment, and Christmas gifts.

The truck more than handled the load with the tune, and Full Race Freak-O-Boost setup I installed. However, it did squat a bit in the rear; even with the car centered in a manner to level the trailer axle pivot point. Ended up moving it rearward a bit. It helped.

Noticing some squatting in the vehicles above as well. I’m thinking about airbags for my towing needs. Just thought I’d mention it as an option ’cause that’s some serious weight you guys are moving!!! Stay safe!!!

Oh, and Squark, is your vehicle equipped with an anti-sway setup? If not, I’m sure it would definitely assist in keeping you on the straight and narrow path.

MAC1

Reaction score
I own a 3rd Gen, however towing capacity with HD Tow Package is 9200lbs. The longer the wheelbase the better, so the MAX or EL versions have a better resistance to wind loads. The best investment I made in towing my 24' ATC enclosed aluminum race trailer in a Pro Pride Hitch (7500lbs fully loaded). The difference is almost not believable; I resisted at first due to the cost at $3500. The experience is phenomenal, virtually eliminates sway and wind issues; you still move, however the entire rig moves slightly. I have successfully towed my set-up on I95 over 1000 miles each way at 75mph, no issues; could not do that with my previous hitch a weight distribution, anti-sway unit. A Pro Pride hitch is basically the Hensley design with re-mods to avoid copyright infringement. The design moves the tow point from your rear bumper to the rear axle, like a fifth wheel set-up. Best, safest way to go in my opinion.

ryanpe

Reaction score
I have a '21 Limited with HD tow package and have pulled our Lance 1985 over 19,000 miles. Total CGVW is 12,500 lbs and the trailer fully loaded is 6050 lbs. I have an e2 WDH and the Expy sits within 3/8" level when loaded. it pulls this load wonderfully. We live at 7000 ft and have had zero issues in the Rockies where we live. I average right at 11 mpg towing.IMG_2139.jpeg