Bilstein 5100s + 3/2 Readylift on 15-17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't stack lifts. I tried with a rancho quick lift and spacer. The angles are way too steep.

Time to eat crow. I ignored your advice and tried stacking, didn’t work out, it was too much for the front. Didn’t drive right and super squeaky, even after the alignment. Got to waste another day undoing and redoing.

OP
OP
L

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, just found this post. Im curious if you ended up doing this and how it worked? I currently have a 2017 max with 2.5" of lift on all 4 corners. I just bought a set of the expedition 5100's and am curious if i leave them on stock setting if they will work with the lift. Any help would be great

What’d you end up doing? The 1” extension the 5100s added on top of my 3” readylift up front was too much. I did keep the 1.5” lift + 2” readylift spacer on the rear is good, but the brake line is just barely shy of the limit at full extension with wheels off the ground. I tow a big boat and horse trailer, so I left it anticipating some sag when loaded.

Conrad Penner

Reaction score
Sorry for the late chime in, i ended up using Bilstein 4600 in the rear. I dont think this is a forever solution, but good enough for now. They work good, but i like the idea of Icons or a mix of Icons in rear, and Fox up front. The front end Icon set up is pricey vs the fox

Whitebison

Reaction score
Dobinson makes a lift for the Expy. Might want to check that out. I'm still looking into different lifts. Had this same issue last time I owned an Expedition. Wa t to build something like the Adventure Driven Expy but in am EL

Dick Daigle

Reaction score
Thanks Langer. I tend to agree with you. However i have ran into another problem. My spring perches/seats are not removable. I found this out reading on this forum after i ordered. Apparently 2015 and newer will have this issue. And now i have also confirmed by crawling under the ex. Its hard for me to do this, but it looks like im going to return this beautiful set of shocks. I had ordered all 4.
Now im looking at blowing the big cake on a set of ICONS. They will allow me to remove the 2.5" lift blocks i have and keep the same height
I had to go the same way with my 2017 Limited. Apparently they changed the suspension in 2017.
I have the ICONS in the front end, and waiting on the rear that are back ordered.
get the UCA while you are at it.
20220303_161223.jpg20220303_161131.jpg