bit banging help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

partytyme

Reaction score
i have a 2012 expedition i would like to make the fog lamps to stay on when using bright lights and fix the remote run time ,,i have FORScan and have turned off the failing tpms system juse cant seem to find a spred sheet that covers these year expeditions any of you wise men have a copy ?

Johnathan M

Reaction score
I have a 2013 expedition and I went through the same issue. There just aren't any spreadsheets out there for expeditions until you get up around 2015. I also used Forscan to turn off the TPMS message and light in the dash. Sometimes you can test some things to see if it works from other spreadsheets, but just make sure you take a picture of how it was before, so you can change it back if it doesn't work.

I also wanted to do the same thing with my fog lights, and I searched and searched and could not find any spreadsheets to know what codes to change. So what I ended up doing was wiring the fog lights into a relay that I powered from the fuse box under the hood. They now come on as soon as I start the vehicle and stay on all the time until I shut it off. I can see much better now on the back country roads I live on with my high beams on because the fog lights light things up close to the vehicle and out to the sides.

I did not cut into any factory wiring. That way if I want to switch it back, I can just unplug what I did and plug the original wiring back into the fog lights. I bought some pigtails online that plug into the back of the bulb, and wired everything into that, so I didn't mess with my factory wiring.

If you're interested in going that route, I can take some pictures of what I did in case that would help you out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni