Black...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The guys above make it sound like you need to have another child just to perform daily washing and waxing duties to their film....

You misunderstood.

Plati was saying that his posts only make sense to children 2 and under.

For those playing along at home, heres Xpels response to whether you need quarterly maintenance if you use a ceramic/sealer:

“No. Once a ceramic coating is on the vehicle, there's no longer a need for the PPF sealant...What we have for after the ceramic is applied is our ceramic boost. It's not exactly a sealant per-say, but is something of a quick detailer that also has sealing properties. It's not a required maintenance type of thing such as the PPF sealer, but it's still a good idea.

Hope that helps. Have a great day!”

some people likely get suckered by shops roping them into unnecessary maintenance plans.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which I did.

Psst- my vehicle is washed weekly by hand and detailed (cleaned, decon’d and sealed) annually as I said.

Also, why did you want to know if I spoke Gaelic?

Sent from my Xpel wrapped iPhoneX using Tapatalk
Hahahah that sir, I have no clue how that ended up on here. I was talking with a friend last night and I’m guessing I pasted that into here somehow. Alcohol was involved, my bad!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hahahah that sir, I have no clue how that ended up on here. I was talking with a friend last night and I’m guessing I pasted that into here somehow. Alcohol was involved, my bad!

We shall meet again tonight after beers to escalate a discussion about some other arbitrary car related activity to silly heights!!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We shall meet again tonight after beers to escalate a discussion about some other arbitrary car related activity to silly heights!!
I’ll be on after 1900 this evening. Looking forward to it lol

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gonna add my two cents about the care of black vehicles since I've had a fleet of black vehicles over the years, some new, some pre owned, but I think I'll pass. Thread has derailed. I will say this, black is a love-hate relationship, and a LOT of work to get it to look good. Then it's not too hard to keep up with it. I love a black vehicle. I posted this pic before after a good wash, clay, polish, wax. Carry on!

IMG_20190328_110101331.jpg

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gonna add my two cents about the care of black vehicles since I've had a fleet of black vehicles over the years, some new, some pre owned, but I think I'll pass. Thread has derailed. I will say this, black is a love-hate relationship, and a LOT of work to get it to look good. Then it's not too hard to keep up with it. I love a black vehicle. I posted this pic before after a good wash, clay, polish, wax. Carry on!

View attachment 31729

Either that's a beautiful reflection or your framers were tipping the bottle a bit too much!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 31729
Is that a de-ionizing system?

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spent 40+ years in Philadelphia area and almost 15 years in Northern VA. I know winter and snow, sleet, slush and salt, etc. Now in beautiful HOT Arizona.