Blind Spot Detection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the blind spot detection? My new mirrors don't have it so I get a message on my dash that I'd like to not get. 17 Expy Platinum.

Thanks.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
According to the manual,

"You can also have the Blind Spot
Information System switched off
permanently at an authorized dealer. Once
switched off permanently, the system can
only be switched back on at an authorized
dealer."

I can only assume Forscan is able to do this. Anyone?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I am looking into adding BLIS and the codes needed to do that. In the IPC module configuration, look for line:

720-03-01

Look in the first set of 4 values. The first character is "4" to enable BLIS. My truck does not have it so this value is "2" in my code.

Hope that helps!

PS For anyone else looking into adding BLIS, I am just starting to collect information. In addition to the above, I also discovered the following:

In the IPC module configuration, look for line:

720-01-01

Look in the last set of 4 values. The first character is "F" to enable Cross Traffic Alert in the IPC. My truck does not have it so this value is "2" in my code.

This info I found was for a different 2017 Ford vehicle but it has the same instrument cluster.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I am looking into adding BLIS and the codes needed to do that. In the IPC module configuration, look for line:

720-03-01

Look in the first set of 4 values. The first character is "4" to enable BLIS. My truck does not have it so this value is "2" in my code.

Hope that helps!

PS For anyone else looking into adding BLIS, I am just starting to collect information. In addition to the above, I also discovered the following:

In the IPC module configuration, look for line:

720-01-01

Look in the last set of 4 values. The first character is "F" to enable Cross Traffic Alert in the IPC. My truck does not have it so this value is "2" in my code.

This info I found was for a different 2017 Ford vehicle but it has the same instrument cluster.
Thanks, but I ended up getting BLIS capable mirrors. That's all mine needed.