Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Dycus

Reaction score
2009 Expedition Limited. The AC blower motor just stopped one day. I noticed a odor like hot wires. I checked the blower motor resistor connector. One wire to it had gotten really hot and actually burned a hole in the casing of the connector. I went to pull-apart and bought another connector (only $2.50) off of a 2010 Expedition. Cut the old connector out and spliced the replacement in. Checked the blower motor resistor while I had it apart. It looked fine with no visual signs of heat damage. Put it all together and the fan is stuck on high. So I replaced the blower motor resistor with a new one from Advance. Still stuck on high. Double checked the wiring (only 4 wires...hard to mess up) and no issues there. So now I have no idea. Replaced the connector and the resistor. Fan blows high even if the AC is turned off. Still able to adjust the temp. When the old resistor connector was in place I could still control the fan speed..no problems. Also I see no damage to any other wiring or wiring damage to the blower motor.
Any thoughts?

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I am back to hearing a loud humming and reduced air flow from the vents. I replaced the resistor and no change. I only get the hum when the blower speed is within the top three positions. There have been instances of when I shutoff the blower that it keeps running and humming loudly for greater than a minute unless I shutoff the vehicle.