Blue Certified and Transmission Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Howaldryan

Reaction score
I just just picked up a 2020 Expedition Limited. It’s Blue Ford Certified. Since that warranty is pretty short, do you recommend getting a comprehensive inspection within the warranty timeframe? How has your experience been with any repairs under the certified warranty? I don’t expect anything as I feel the vehicle runs well.

Lastly, is the 10 speed known to be quirky? At lower speeds it seems to jump around not quite knowing what gear to stay in. Nothing crazy but wanted to make sure it’s nothing abnormal.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just just picked up a 2020 Expedition Limited. It’s Blue Ford Certified. Since that warranty is pretty short, do you recommend getting a comprehensive inspection within the warranty timeframe? How has your experience been with any repairs under the certified warranty? I don’t expect anything as I feel the vehicle runs well.

Lastly, is the 10 speed known to be quirky? At lower speeds it seems to jump around not quite knowing what gear to stay in. Nothing crazy but wanted to make sure it’s nothing abnormal.

I would have it inspected by a trusted mechanic. You didn’t post your mileage.

Regarding the transmission - do a search on this forum about problems with the 10-speed transmission, then be prepared to do a lot of reading.

gural

Reaction score
in my case there are no problem in switching the gaers
but from sometime to sometime when i switch from P to D you can feel a slight tug

i am after inspection and oil+filter change and inside it looks like new

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The trans seem to puke around 70,000 miles. There is a defective drum in the trans.

fmendezex2019

Reaction score
Ditto.. My 2019 has only 40,000 miles and it sits at the service department for almost 2 months waiting for some backordered parts to get my transmission rebuilt? Not a happy customer at the moment.

macdeezel

Reaction score
Mine went kaput at 33k miles. The sleeve inside of the CDF drum seems to be the weak point. I had a delayed 2-3 shift and it would hang in 7th gear a lot. Rebuild got me going but I paid out of pocket because of having a rebuilt title

papaguido

Reaction score
Bought my 2020 Expedition October 30,2022. December 23 took it to Ford for the same troubles that you’re having. Found out this is not the first time, the previous owner had work done in April 2022. my Ford dealer repeated the rebuild or flush out don’t quite understand what they did, but that didn’t fix it. So they called for new transmission. Transmission was backordered with unknown delivery day. They called me a couple days ago and said transmission was in. Dropped it off this morning so they can install the new transmission. I had 28,000 miles when this all started. Don’t know the mileage of when the previous owner had his transmission work done. Wish me luck

fmendezex2019

Reaction score
Well, I just got word that they finished my 2019 Expedition so I will be going by later today to pick it up. I will keep everyone updated.