Blue jean transfer on beige seats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Worked for me.

Too much work. Lol
Get black and solve the problem. That's my requirement for leather.

I saw a black Escalade sitting on a lot I have bought one truck from a few years ago.
Called the place and asked what color interior and how much. Told him it had to be black didn't care how cheap it was if not black.
This was about a 7-8K truck.
He called back and said 3500.00 but it's got tan. Jokingly of course.
I told him..that's always the case.

I was even considering buying a good deal one and changing over from salvage yard one or parts ones on craigslist on marketplace.
Got to have black leather!!!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Too much work. Lol
Get black and solve the problem. That's my requirement for leather.

I saw a black Escalade sitting on a lot I have bought one truck from a few years ago.
Called the place and asked what color interior and how much. Told him it had to be black didn't care how cheap it was if not black.
This was about a 7-8K truck.
He called back and said 3500.00 but it's got tan. Jokingly of course.
I told him..that's always the case.

I was even considering buying a good deal one and changing over from salvage yard one or parts ones on craigslist on marketplace.
Got to have black leather!!!

There's expensive high quality leather refinish kits for <$1k.... folks over at BMW forums use em a lot with apparently satisfying results

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The trucks have "leather seating surfaces" or are "leather trimmed," as Ford has called them. So the sides and edges are vinyl. The large pieces are indeed leather as are the bolsters, that is "dyed," or more like painted. This is the case on the front two rows. The third row is all vinyl. In some later motels with two-tone seating, the top strip is vinyl also.

When the seats fall apart you can see it is clearly leather. New OEM style covers are available from The Seat Shop, and they are nice quality and an exact match to the originals. They offer them in OEM style with leather on the seats, all vinyl to save a buck or all leather. A bit of a job installing new covers.

All the fluff about leather conditioning products is just fluff. The goo can coat the painted leather making it shiny, slippery, tactile, matte finished or clean but it can't penetrate the painted dye to soften or preserve anything. Just keep them free of abrasive dirt and sand and clean them from time to time. The drivers' cushions are usually beaten up at about 120K miles.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worst case: Horsehair brush and dish soap can do some wonders on both leather and pleather

TsmH

Reaction score
My 17 is a company car, ex VP's, it was spotless when I got it. In 6-8 weeks I can't believe how much jean transfer there is on my front seat!

Before I just start pouring chemicals on to try to clean them, any recommendations??
I purchased a seat cover from amazon for my drivers seat.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With reference to Trainmaster’s comment on the two tones...My 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer has the optional Greystone and Camel Two-Tone Leather Heated/Cooled Seats. The bottom and back camel portions are both perforated leather not just seat bottom. The difference can be detected both visually and by touch between the grey vinyl portions and leather portions. “Leather Trimmed” is correct terminology as Train stated for Expy seats.
4743FC70-99F4-467F-ABA8-E80CBA7FC096.jpeg

Last edited: