Brake pad and rotor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are things of beauty! The RockAuto price is $415...about $520 with shipping and tax. If I was gonna keep the car for 5-6 years I'd go for them, but a decent less expensive set will do. Thing is I'm not finding anything that specifies "best for towing" other than the RockAuto listing for the Powerstop Z-36s.

I ordered mine from Jeg's back in June for $403 shipped w a price match from Advance Auto Parts. They'll match any price you can provide typically. Hunt around the web with the manufacturer part number, you'll likely have success. I don't tow but these are fantastic brakes. Extremely quiet and they get the job done, quickly. There's been a time or two I've about ate the wheel getting on them harder than intended.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I did break one mounting ear off a steering knuckle doing this on a 2000. Nothing quite like the sound of cracking cast iron, except perhaps the sound of overtightening the bolt on a porcelain toilet...

Those were my two mistakes.

Jeff Morris

Reaction score

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P68J72T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A2J7XWWO69IXU3&psc=1

I am told these Callahan brake sets are the same as Power Stops. Apparently they are the parent company for Power Stop. Had a friend order the Callahans from Amazon and he actually received Powerstops. No indorsement one way or the other just some information. You may also notice the pricing is quite a bit better than the Powerstops.

I would still replace the pads. The pads that usually come with these kits are crap.

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P68J72T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A2J7XWWO69IXU3&psc=1

I am told these Callahan brake sets are the same as Power Stops. Apparently they are the parent company for Power Stop. Had a friend order the Callahans from Amazon and he actually received Powerstops. No indorsement one way or the other just some information. You may also notice the pricing is quite a bit better than the Powerstops.

Did they take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed?

vincentrose

Reaction score
You don't have to go to the dealer to get Motorcraft Parts. Got mine from RockAuto. Did rear brakes on my 2014 Expy, New Pads, Rotors, Parking Brakes, and Hardware. All Motorcraft Parts, $330