Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwright71

Reaction score
I have been going crazy with my 2011 for several months. Long story short, my brakes were hanging up, I have now replaced everything, new rotors, calipers, pads one brake hose and the master cylinder. There last thing was the master cylinder. After that it seemed ok finally but today after only a couple weeks it started again. It's like driving down the road with your foot on the brake, sometimes more extreme than others. I have no idea what's next since I changed everything. Anyone here have the same experience? If so what was it? The dealer was no help, they seemed to be more lost than I was and only interested in draining my wallet.

Plati

Reaction score
Are any wheels getting hot. How can you be sure its the brakes?

I use an infrared non-contact temperature measuring gun to measure the temperature of each rotor / caliper when I have brake problems. It quickly allows me to determine which/if a wheel has a sticky brake. The left wheel should be about the same temp as right wheel (front or back). If you have a sticking brake, things will get hot.

If not the brakes ... The only other weird thing that I can think of that "could happen" is ... the Expy might be jumping itself into 4Lo if you have that and it just seems like its a brake but it's really in the drivetrain. That would be weird but possible I guess.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I second MrSticker's suggestion. Isolate where the problem is occurring and follow up from there. Were the parking brakes checked?

OP
OP
M

Mwright71

Reaction score
All rotors replaced. All parking brake hardware and shoes replaced. It isn't one wheel doing it. Sometimes it's the driver front, sometimes it's both front. It was first noticed on the passenger rear.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any codes present? Were any readings taken from the ABS speed sensors?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I have now replaced everything, new rotors, calipers, pads one brake hose and the master cylinder"

Replace all of your flex lines. While you're at it, upgrade to stainless braided steel lines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK