Brand of Airbags and Inflators in 2017 Limited??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After "celebrating" my 2 year anniversary since Ford sent me a recall letter on my 2008 Lincoln MKZ sedan with Takata airbags and inflators and STILL NO PARTS TO FIX I have to ask Does anyone know the brand of airbags and inflators in the 2017 Limited Expedition??
Thanks!

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guy at Enterprise told me all their Expeditions and Navigators are getting ready to go in for Takata Airbag recall replacements..

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think any vehicle made after 2015 have Takata airbags so your 2017 Expedition should be fine.

I had to wait a couple years too for my 2008 Lexus. Owners were told not to have a passenger in the front seat until the recall was done. Totally impractical since the replacement parts took so long to arrive. Some owners successfully got Lexus to supply loaners though.

Plati

Reaction score
After "celebrating" my 2 year anniversary since Ford sent me a recall letter on my 2008 Lincoln MKZ sedan with Takata airbags and inflators and STILL NO PARTS TO FIX I have to ask Does anyone know the brand of airbags and inflators in the 2017 Limited Expedition??
Thanks!
A buddy in my golf league ... Lincoln MKZ, forgot what year but could be 2008 ... they have given him a nice rental fully paid for UNTIL the air bags can be replaced. Its amazing. They sent him a letter saying they cant get parts so he gets a rental until its taken care of. Just happened 3 weeks ago.

read this for info and the letter
https://mcnewsy.com/articles/807-finally-some-recall-action-on-my-mkz

lincoln website
https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/acc...regarding-takata-airbag-inflator-recalls.html

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
37,000,000 affected vehicles on US roads alone.
18-20 Takata deaths globally since 2013.

Sweden-based Autoliv produces nearly all Ford global airbags and related components. I've not seen a by model breakdown, but chances are very good its Autoliv. The only Autoliv exceptions I've found were a few knee, seat, and curtains on some Ford Europe vehicles.

I own 4 Fords and 1 BMW pending parts for this recall and have absolutely zero reservations of me and my family traveling in these cars.

Anybody milking Ford for a free loaner is a complete douche bag.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
37,000,000 affected vehicles on US roads alone.
18-20 Takata deaths globally since 2013.

Sweden-based Autoliv produces nearly all Ford global airbags and related components. I've not seen a by model breakdown, but chances are very good its Autoliv. The only Autoliv exceptions I've found were a few knee, seat, and curtains on some Ford Europe vehicles.

I own 4 Fords and 1 BMW pending parts for this recall and have absolutely zero reservations of me and my family traveling in these cars.

Anybody milking Ford for a free loaner is a complete douche bag.

I do not own any vehicles affected by the Takata air bag recall, but I disagree with your statement regarding a free loaner.

The air bag system is a critical safety component of any modern vehicle. Investigations and research have determined many of the Takata air bags are prone to malfunction. I do not believe Ford intentionally manufactured vehicles with failure-prone air bags, but they are ultimately responsible for the safety items and recalls.

The NHTSA has issued numerous warning for specific vehicles not to be driven until they are fixed. Ford and Lincoln has issued warnings for some of their vehicles, instructing that a passenger should not sit in the front right seat.

Ford has provided this program for liability and customer satisfaction issues, and probably other reasons.

To say that someone is a complete douche bag for using a free loaner offered by Ford, while waiting for repairs for a defective safety component, is reckless and irresponsible.