Bucket -> Bench Seat Swap (2nd/middle row)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought second row buckets out of a 01 navi. Pass side fit like factory but dr side i had to mod to make rear bracket feet since they hook in and mine dont do that on dr side
20170605_071344.jpg

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same floor plan. Only hooks on pass side. So i took driver seat apart removing hooks and made seat feet out of angle iron. Had to drill 2 holes for right side front and rear feet.

View attachment 20889

OP
OP
R

roachslayer

Reaction score
Cutting and welding is not something I want to do just to swap a seat from buckets to bench.

As I mentioned, I find it totally, utterly ridiculous that I can swap my FRONT buckets to a F150 bench (not even an expy) but I can't swap my 2nd row with same year/make/model seats. Absolutely, devastatingly crappy.

OP
OP
R

roachslayer

Reaction score
I have the same floor plan. Only hooks on pass side. So i took driver seat apart removing hooks and made seat feet out of angle iron. Had to drill 2 holes for right side front and rear feet.

View attachment 20889
@BaggedExpy That attatement didn't come through. Can you fix it? I'd actually like to see what sort of mod you did there. It sounds like you modified the seat to fit the floor, not the floor to fit the seat. That would be much more doable IMO.

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@BaggedExpy That attatement didn't come through. Can you fix it? I'd actually like to see what sort of mod you did there. It sounds like you modified the seat to fit the floor, not the floor to fit the seat. That would be much more doable IMO.

I dont have the pic of the actual part i made. I took a zoomed in screen shot of the bracket i had made. But soon as i get back to the shop ill take a more and better pics. I also installed the console from the navi as well.

Screenshot_20170714-120402.png

20170605_071344.jpg

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You DO NOT need to cut amd weld the floor.. who would actually do that lol ? Heres mine. I took my rear driver side seat apart. Took hooks off and other crap i cant use. The test fitted seat to find the best spot to drill holes.. basically i used the stock bolt holes ( closest to door) to bolt down the left side of seat. Then drilled two holes for the right side of seat track.. bolted angle iron to seat loosely then bolted to floor then tightened the ever living crap out of those bolts... no cutting of floor or welding. Hope i kinda helped

Also harley davidson seats fit too. Those are what ive been looking for but found navi seats way cheaper..

Dr side rear seat bolted to stock
20170714_155053.jpg
Dr side rear track
20170714_155110.jpg
Dr side inner seat track. ( closest to center )
20170714_155116.jpg

OP
OP
R

roachslayer

Reaction score
@BaggedExpy So you went from bench (your floor was set up for bench?) to buckets, and you modified the buckets to bolt down instead of latch in. Is that right?

I have the opposite problem, and nothing to bolt to (only latches on the floor). Might be quite the engineering mod on a bench seat to get it to latch in where the bucket does.

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@BaggedExpy So you went from bench (your floor was set up for bench?) to buckets, and you modified the buckets to bolt down instead of latch in. Is that right?

I have the opposite problem, and nothing to bolt to (only latches on the floor). Might be quite the engineering mod on a bench seat to get it to latch in where the bucket does.

Yes but i only had to make brackets for the driver side rear. My pass side used the same floor latch as stock

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@roachslayer
I see your issue. Do you already have the bench seat? You are going to have to throw her in and get her lined up best you can and mark the holes. The left side front track is where you wanna start by lining up those bolt holes. Yes they will line up and work off those. The right side is a no brainer it bolts and hooks right in. Mine did...

(oh sorry outa sync here)
but put your pass seat in first get it bolted and latched then proceed with the bench seat.. thats what i did and it seemed to help me line up seats and console