Bulletproof???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cam phaser tune? or delete? With the previous work done on your truck, stick with short oil changes, 5w-30 and if you press the accelerator to the floor for five seconds on cold start, then release it, system builds oil pressure for less wear and tear.

This is huge!

Are you saying the Expedition has a pre-oiler feature stock!

* Get in
* press gas for 5 seconds
* start

Please confirm

(I guess this means the oil pump is electric?)

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is huge!

* Get in
* start

Please confirm

Lots of makes has the feature apparently.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is huge!

* Get in
* start
There are many threads on this subject in this forum.
When you turn the key to start, already have the gas petal pressed. (as long as you have gas petal pressed the vehicle will turn over and NOT start)
Turn key to start and keep it cranking (after 5 seconds) let off gas petal and vehicle will start.

Nope, that's why the vehicle needs to turn over without starting to get the oil primed.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I started doing the holding the pedal to the floor and hitting starter for the last week or so. Usually do it 2x and after a sec on second time, see oil pressure dummy gauge show pressure, let off gas and it fires up. Today, had a "check gas cap" message on my capless system with pending evap sys MIL. Cleared errors to see if it comes back starting normally for a few days.