Buying a 08 Eddie Bauer and need clarity, please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James W Moore

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @TobyU and @1955moose
Plugs will def get changed sooner than later. I watched a couple of vids on doing the change but dunno If I want to do it myself lol
spray them down with a rust breaker or atf and let them soak, take them out when the motor is hot. be gentle not to break them or strip the hole.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also and usually of the opinion if it's running fine leave it alone but you just don't want to go too far as it makes these plugs even harder to get out without breaking one off. So just take it easy and soak them and let it take for 5 hours during the day or an overnight process so you don't break any. Once you get the new one piece plugs in you won't have to worry about pulling them out in the future

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
11yo / 75k mi / error codes = high probability LEMON.... may havd spent a lot of time in shops, broken down, or without tags. Being sold by dealership when codes havent even been sorted yet, wth is that???

wouldn't touch a car that old unless it had at least twice the miles.

Buy a newer much higher mileage navigator with that money. Or get an SSV for 3x less if you want a cheap sturdy beater truck.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See that's where I'll disagree with the rest. My 2000 had only 64k on it when I bought it in 2014. That was the main reason I bought it. The only items that have been changed are starter, pitman arm, idler arm, and recently alternator. It now has 103,500. Considering how many times starter gets used, and alternator was actually the voltage regulator. As far as the 2 front end parts, that's the no zerk fittings. Engine and trans are perfect and quiet. Radiator and exaust are sound as well. So not always are low mileage, high year vehicles a bad deal. The fact it was $3,000.00 was a plus. Sold my Lincoln for $2700.00, so $300.00 for an 11 year newer vehicle was a no brainier. Just wish I could nudge my mileage up past 10 mpg city!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't do that, 50 max. Had them as high as 46, didn't help mileage one bit, just bumpy ride. I run 40-41 psi now.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this an expedition? I'm surprised it doesn't do a little better than that around town. We have a 2000 XLT and a pretty sad state of maintenance. Now it does not miss because the two times that it called started getting flaky I replaced it with a used when I had laying around. But I have no idea how long the plugs have been in there. It starts and runs and does not miss and it gets 12 to 12 and 1/2 around town and those are short four mile trips. On the highway it always gets 15 to 15 to but I've cracked 16.5 before.. this is one that doesn't have two wheel drive. It only has the auto. So I pulled the fuse out so the transfer case is not having the clutch is engaged at all and that raised my mileage a little bit.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah Toby, mine is a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4x4 with the 5.4. 11 is normal, but I have bigger 20 inch wheels, which probably drops it a bit. It runs fine, passes smog every other year, so I don't rock the boat trying to eek out that extra 1-2 mpg!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I reread your post. I also removed the 4wheel drive fuse, didn't notice any increase. Reintalled fuse. Is their a fuse I'm not removing? Check mileage each fill-up, always 10, unless long freeway trip, then 13-15, depending on length of trip.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just one that I know of but I remember what it's called. Under the hood in the fuse relay Center one of the tall ones with the little clear plastic window on top.. it makes the switch on the dash go out and do nothing. We have the factory tires 255 /60-16 I think. Maybe you have a heavier foot than my wife. It's just back and forth to work vehicle but due drives pretty hard.
Well probably medium. I just drive "Old Man in a Lincoln" style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman