Buying a 08 Eddie Bauer and need clarity, please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
There have been dozens of forum threads on those darn 07, 08, 09 brakes and spongy feel. Problems with hose interiors breaking down, maladjusted booster rods, anti-lock actuators -- they've all been discussed. Seems whatever you do to these, they have an irregular feel to the break pedals.

I drove several of them and they all feel the same.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There have been dozens of forum threads on those darn 07, 08, 09 brakes and spongy feel. Problems with hose interiors breaking down, maladjusted booster rods, anti-lock actuators -- they've all been discussed. Seems whatever you do to these, they have an irregular feel to the break pedals.

I drove several of them and they all feel the same.

So IS there something different in the 2012 Navigator L brake system???

Because if there is & the system is superior, I'm 99% sure it'd bolt right in...

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Look especially at F-150 forums. There has been volumes written about soggy brakes on Expeditions and F-150's. Some of the issues have cures (bloating brake hoses, maladjusted booster rods) while others are just the nature of the beast.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok update!

Just had the hoses to the caliper replaced... Night and day!
The brakes feel so much better. Im happy :)

Thanks to everyone for your input!
I was thinking I bought a pretty bucket of bolts

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks can hide a lot of flaws. Look at the crap we'll put up with a hot looking woman. Funny how we don't so much on the plain Jane's!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07’ brakes have a good feel to them and perform well. Newer motorcraft rotors and powerstop ceramic pads.....no complaints and not spongy.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 07’ brakes have a good feel to them and perform well. Newer motorcraft rotors and powerstop ceramic pads.....no complaints and not spongy.

Same here on my '11. Rears are Motorcraft pads and rotors (with a s**t ton of miles on them). Fronts are ACDelco rotors and Akebono pads.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trainmaster, we're all attracted to good looking people, man or woman. It's tough enough looking at an ugmo at 20, she's not going to morph into a beautiful woman at 50! No,in life we compromise. The hot ones are just too hard to hang onto. They get bored real easy with guys hitting on them daily. Why do you think good looking actors rarely have successful marriages. A friend of mine gave me advice years back, it actually was advice from his mother. She said find a girl with a nice body, and a pleasant not overly pretty face. Still holds true today.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk