Bypassed power steering cooler with hyden now truck stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jomoski

Reaction score
Everything went well, left car idling for some time after doing power steering cooling bypass. I used a Hayden power steering cooler mounted it to the smaller radiator in the front. Disconnected my battery as well needed to throw that in there. Felt like I did everything well no leaks, but when I went to take it for a drive the truck stalled at the stop sign. Started it again and the same. Idles fine power steering is great the truck just keeps stalling. I will replace battery tommorow but it seems fine.
Again the truck idles well, I even put it in neutral and reved to 3000 and nothing but as soon as I try to drive stall

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you bleed air from steering system? Could be air causing problem. It is a hydraulic pump & air in the system is like throwing sand in there (cavitation) and not good for it. Any time fluid is drained from lines or pump, hand turning of the pump is required to get air our of system.
Example using replacement of steering pump from RockAuto reman sales:

2008 Ford Steering Pump Replacement.gif