Cam, phaser, explanation videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobward757

Reaction score
In case you haven’t seen them, there are more and more mechanics posting their videos about the cam, phasers and exactly what’s going on. I will post some of the better ones here for those who are interested in the true nuts and bolts of what’s going on.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case you haven’t seen them, there are more and more mechanics posting their videos about the cam, phasers and exactly what’s going on. I will post some of the better ones here for those who are interested in the true nuts and bolts of what’s going on.

Thanks - This is one of the better posts on the board. Unlike my posts that are basically worthless.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not directly implying it, but I still wonder if a bad install caused my major engine failure and needing a completely new engine

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At this point in time, your engine is going to be replaced. Just hope you get it back in a timely manor. That would be my concern.

tacoduck

Reaction score
Curious why the gen 3’s don’t have this problem but the gen 4’s do.

jmurphy4369

Reaction score
I have a few quick question... sorry if it has been answered... so when my 11 Navi warms up it sounds like diesel, sputters at idle and would stall out in reverse... unplugged the VVT sensors and it drives "fine"( bad mpg and not good acceleration) oil is leaking from the vvt sensor hole... my question... how do I tell if a vvt solenoid or cam phaser... or should I start by chaning the vvt solenoid first or just do everything at once?