Cam Position Sensor Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Tomlinson

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition w/ the 5.4L Triton V8 and 418,000 miles on the original engine and transmission.
I have used Mobile 1 5W/20 and changed it every 7500 miles. About 2 months ago I started having problems whenever the engine was warm and I stopped and let the engine idle for a few minutes.(does not happen for the first several miles when the engine is cool and not up to operating temperature) The engine will start to shake and rattle violently as if it is missing on more than one cylinder. When the engine RPM is increased to above 1000 RPM the engine smoothes out and runs smoothly. An engine scan with an OBD scanner indicated a P0345 code. I changed out the indicated Cam Position Sensor. The problem continued and a subsequent scan revealed the other Cam Position Sensor was bad. I changed it also. Now with two new CamPosition Sensors, the problem is still not resolved. Any ideas/suggestions?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I'm only guessing that it is a phaser problem. Hopefully someone who knows more could help. If not, check an F150 forum.

That truck doesn't owe you much, does it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni