Can anyone help name these parts 97 EB 5.4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 97 EB 5.4. I had an issue with no heat. It turns out the blend door/actuator was bad. Buddy of mine found a temp fix from Youtube by dropping the glove box and cutting through behind the glove box then through the heat core/evap cover. I have decided to do the permanent fix. Anyone know besides a junk yard where to get those parts and what they might be called. I started looking on Ebay but could really use the part #'s or at least the names of those 2 parts. I assume the dash has to come out to replace them but it will anyone to do the permanent fix.

Thanks.

Brian

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nobody did the cut open to access the blend door repair?

rjrodney

Reaction score
There’s a blend door (inside the plenum box) and a blend door actuator (under the box). Both parts are cheap at your favorite parts store from doorman. The door has an improved metal band to hold the fragile parts together.

Best to start with the actuator underneath probably unless you’re already into it up top. Also good to replace the heater core if it’s not too hard while you are in there. If I did it again, I’d probably get the core from Ford but the aftermarket core is ok too. You want new parts tho. Don’t do all that labor to put in used parts IMO.

I took the dash off instead of cutting.

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s a blend door (inside the plenum box) and a blend door actuator (under the box). Both parts are cheap at your favorite parts store from doorman. The door has an improved metal band to hold the fragile parts together.

Best to start with the actuator underneath probably unless you’re already into it up top. Also good to replace the heater core if it’s not too hard while you are in there. If I did it again, I’d probably get the core from Ford but the aftermarket core is ok too. You want new parts tho. Don’t do all that labor to put in used parts IMO.

I took the dash off instead of cutting.
Thanks RJ. The parts I am looking for are the ones you just listed, but I also want to restore the 2 parts that have cut holes in them now. I think I found one, it is the glove box insert. The other is the black plastic that houses the heater core. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360