Can Forscan be used to tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
edit: 30 seconds of searching and I see that it cannot be done.

2nd edit: LokiWolf gave me some edumacation (below)

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Expy with a Pedal Commander. All the Pedal Commander does is trick the Drive By Wire and set the position of the throttle body based on your preference.

Could forscan be used to set the position as well?

edit: 30 seconds of searching and I see that it cannot be done.

As you discovered, Nope. FORSCAN is not a tuning device or software.

Pedal commander has nothing to do with the throttle body. The pedal/throttle “Enhancing” devices, just interrupt the voltage signal sent to the ECM from the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor), and send more or less voltage depending on settings. So if stock the TPS sends say .8 at 5% throttle, and you have the pedal commander in Sport, it might send the ECM .9 or 1.0. Therefore tricking the ECM into thinking you demanded more throttle. They can also take the Full throttle delay out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ChiefsFanInMD

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
As you discovered, Nope. FORSCAN is not a tuning device or software.

Pedal commander has nothing to do with the throttle body. The pedal/throttle “Enhancing” devices, just interrupt the voltage signal sent to the ECM from the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor), and send more or less voltage depending on settings. So if stock the TPS sends say .8 at 5% throttle, and you have the pedal commander in Sport, it might send the ECM .9 or 1.0. Therefore tricking the ECM into thinking you demanded more throttle. They can also take the Full throttle delay out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ahh. thanks for the clarification. now, to educate my mechanic friend who explained how it works to me :)