Can FORScan reset oil change indicator??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I broke my odometer button and the flashing oil change message (that isnt even relevant) is ******* me off

Can I reset it with ForScan or some OBD dongle app???

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bump that thing is annoying....especially in 4A, when it flashes back and forth

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I am being dumb, but on my 2008, the service light is not reset by the odometer button? I have a small panel on the right of the dashboard display (above the stereo), with 3 buttons that are marked INFO, SETUP & Reset. I just push the info button until it gets to the service menu and then press the reset button and it resets the service message? That then prevents the message until the next service is due.. Hopefully that helps?

Gary

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I am being dumb, but on my 2008, the service light is not reset by the odometer button? I have a small panel on the right of the dashboard display (above the stereo), with 3 buttons that are marked INFO, SETUP & Reset. I just push the info button until it gets to the service menu and then press the reset button and it resets the service message? That then prevents the message until the next service is due.. Hopefully that helps?

Gary

Thats with advanced entertaiment pacakages or navigation or something.

I dont have any of those buttons

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive reset the dang thing before, but my odometer button was already disintegrating and is now completely done

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Thats a tough one. I've never found any option to reset the oil life in forscan and since you have the SSV your setup is completely different than the rest of ours. The only thing I could recommend is stopping by the dealer or try to find a new ssv cluster. I'm sure the dealer can get it done with IDS

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its a push button maybe you can stick a small screwdriver or something in there and push it

I mightve messed up the switch when I took apart the dash cluster to see if I could swap to blue LED (answer: no, not on 3rd gen....not unless you wanna remove existing nicroscopic LEDs on the PCB and solder in new ones)

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you are looking to disable it, not just reset it. I haven’t seen anything for that when looking.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01