Can I add the power tip and slide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wanted to get the push button tip and slide to make it easy for the littles to get in the car but is that only on the platinum version and is it possible to add it to the limited model?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should have the pushbutton tip and slide with a limited. The pushbutton is on the pillar near the back of the second row seat.

I don’t have a platinum, but I don’t think there is a power function to the tip and slide. The power function is for the folding. It may also be for unfold, but I’m unsure. My second row has had 3 car seats in it since the day I bought it.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seatbelt disables this feature once you use the seatbelt as kids get over 40 lbs, so its short lived!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seatbelt disables this feature once you use the seatbelt as kids get over 40 lbs, so its short lived!
That's why we went with Captain's Chairs on ours so our oldest son can get to the 3rd row without having to move the 2nd row seats. Pros/Cons to both arrangements. Some days I wish we had the 2nd row bench when extra friends are along...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wanted to get the push button tip and slide to make it easy for the littles to get in the car but is that only on the platinum version and is it possible to add it to the limited model?
It even came on my lowly XLT...

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

We had 3 within 17 months. So they are close to the same stages. I agree that over 40 lbs in a convertible seat the feature doesn’t work. I think with my 3, I can shift them around to always have one outer position not using the Expedition’s seatbelt. This would make the tip and slide usable.

Once you are in the booster stage, I don’t think it will matter much. Some booster seats allow you to hold the booster seat in place with the latch while the child is actually secured with the Expedition’s seatbelt.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
You should have the pushbutton tip and slide with a limited. The pushbutton is on the pillar near the back of the second row seat.

I don’t have a platinum, but I don’t think there is a power function to the tip and slide. The power function is for the folding. It may also be for unfold, but I’m unsure. My second row has had 3 car seats in it since the day I bought it.

I have seen the button can't remember how's it's used though. I know where it should be cause I can see the cut out was wondering if I just need the button and maybe a harness to connect it to the seat or if it requires a different actuator to tip the seat

GB19XLT

Reaction score
That is strange that you don’t have it. I have a limited and it has it

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has an electric actuator. I think it’s only function is to unlatch the back of the seat. It seams to do the same thing as the lever at the top of the seat.

I took a couple of videos, but I’m not sure what the best way to upload them from my phone.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just looked at the wiring diagrams. The switch sends a signal to a Power Fold Module. The Power Fold Module controls the motor for the tip and slide latch. The feature is called Easy Entry in the wiring diagram.