Can I remove the body cladding/lower trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So as the title says. I have a 08 Expy, EB, standard length. It has the fairly common two-tone paint job, with the lower section being the plastic body cladding, painted a tan color. I would like the vehicle to be all of one color, as I think it would look better. So, can I just simply remove the plastic and be done, or do I need to get the plastic painted to match the rest of the body?

Is there holes under the plastic?

Would like your thoughts. Thanks.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can probably have a body shop paint it

Just unbolt it all so it's done right, there's a bunch of bolts holding it on... looks like either 10mm or 5/16"

Having examined mine (1-tone white SSV cop model), it seems to have all the same parts, just not painted two-tone

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are holes so u can't just take off and be done...but that makes it easy to get them painted and still have your truck

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are there for sure holes on the 3rd Gens?

Yeah leaning toward paint. Seems like it wouldn't look "right" without the panels.

Thanks for input.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes there are holes in the 3rd gens...many have asked thus question over my 6yrs active on this site and ppl have provided pics...how else will the bolts hold them

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK. Would you be able to point me to some threads and or pics so I can see what all is involved? I tried a search but didn't find much....

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of digging due to this being years ago...I'll see what I can find

Mr. 10K

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ill be swapping door cards sometime today or in the next few days if I procrastinate...ill try to remember to snap a pic of a stripped door while Im at it