Can’t get out of my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after I fixed the air the ford gods decided to strike me with another mishap as usual. Got in my truck went to get coffee when I went to get out my door handle feels like there is no tension and I couldn’t get out from the inside. I’ve had to crawl out the passanger door twice now today. The driver door works to get inside the truck but I can’t get back out....

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn that sucks! That truck is angry at you lol. It just never ends sometimes. At least you know what you're dealing with now. Why not just let the window down and open the door instead of crawling over the passenger side? Just a thought. Easier exit and less risk breaking something else.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks! That truck is angry at you lol. It just never ends sometimes. At least you know what you're dealing with now. Why not just let the window down and open the door instead of crawling over the passenger side? Just a thought. Easier exit and less risk breaking something else.

Embarrassed I didn’t think of this, tired and stupid after last night. Didn’t really realize the exterior was working till after.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking a trip to the dealer parts counter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so if this happens to any of you I got it done. It’s about a 1 minute repair. All you need is a 7mm and a screwdriver. Pop the door panel off and then lift up on plastic where the handle “axle” goes through and pull the old handle out top first (shown in pics) Then put cable into new slot in new handle and reverse the process to put back in, then just throw the panel back on. Part number for the handle is on the part bag.

View of old:
DF142AE7-A446-438B-AD21-8BFA560F38C4.jpeg

New part:
A473672A-9804-44B7-A4C0-334C1414A102.jpeg

End result:
7DFC2424-4F68-484F-8C31-D3807CD0D51F.jpeg

Last edited:

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got lucky on yours. Mine broke the bicycle cable which only comes with the latch. Cha-ching!!!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This whole thread is entertaining, post #1 then #4 cracked me up, good job fixing it though.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It made me think of how my wife accidentally set off the car alarm a few times. It was winter (or California's definition there of) when we got the Expedition. More than once I would leave my wife in the Expedition while I ran into the store. Out of habit I would lock the doors as I left. When I came back she would push the unlock button on the interior and the alarm would go off a few seconds later.

NOTE1: Winter - New California Dictionary - the time of year when it might rain and you don't need to run the A/C. Summer - the time of year when a good parking spot is defined by the amount of shade, not the distance from the door. Spring - What's that? Fall - What's that?

NOTE2: Leaving my wife in the car saves an average of 75% on trips into the store. However, it increases the likelihood of another trip to get items forgotten. Net affect though is still a savings.