cargo area dimensions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well between that and the 5 kids... get the Expy EL / Gator L, you'll appreciate the space

Used price is pretty much the same anyway, and as long as you got backup camera it's quite manageable

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 Limited EL, 80,000 miles for $22K. I needed the space for my work. I just picked up 10 sheets of 1/2" x 4 x 8 Baltic Birch plywood for a cabinet job I'm doing...about 700#. They fit with inches to spare all around, and the thing drove like it was empty. I'm very happy...

OP
OP
S

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu - we have street parking only on a cul de sac.. This thing will literally be sticking rear bumper end out into the middle of the turn around at the end of the road .. My f150 scab with short bed was long enough to make things awkward sometimes.. The L or EL might be just a bit TOO long..

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu - we have street parking only on a cul de sac.. This thing will literally be sticking rear bumper end out into the middle of the turn around at the end of the road .. My f150 scab with short bed was long enough to make things awkward sometimes.. The L or EL might be just a bit TOO long..

An Expy EL / GatorL is 221"

F150 Supercab is 220" - 250" depending on bed size ... same or longer. Did you have very short 5.5ft or short 6.5 ft? If 6.5ft, then it was 232" and almost a foot longer actually

A regular short length Expy/Gator is the same length as a single cab F150 shortbed

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh, nice! I think mine was the 5.5 ft.. honestly dont remember.. puts the el and the gator L on the list.. but locally they do run about 1500-2k more with 20k more miles on em

Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 kids??? EL only.

Get the EL.

There is just not much room behind the raised rear seat in a shortie.

Get the EL.

OP
OP
S

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sjwelds.. not much is subjective.. but then again, I've asked for measurements and gotten none.. I may just go see the one in town and measure for myself..

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sjwelds.. not much is subjective.. but then again, I've asked for measurements and gotten none.. I may just go see the one in town and measure for myself..

EL is 29.5" D x 52" W at the floor. (I didn't measure at the top, sorry. It does narrow considerably though at the top of rear hatch entry.) The standard length is 14.8" shorter and afaik, the interior difference is all in that cargo space.

OP
OP
S

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Manup - thank you very much.. 52w is ~ 5 wide with a bit of extra room .. and 14.7 left over is deep enough for a carry on.. depending on room up top. EL is definitely a lot larger than I'm dealing with.. My minivan sounds like its a few inches narrower (~48 wide and ~14.5-15 deep).

Much appreciated again. I think the L /EL is probably the right answer.. I can usually fit all I need in the van, until Christmas comes lol..