cargo area measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shingles

Reaction score
Hi,

Wife and I are looking at replacing our current vehicle. I am wondering if someone might be willing to measure the space behind the 2nd row seats: width at the narrowest points, from back of 2nd row seats to hatch, and then height. We are trying to decide if the regular strength version is good enough or if we have to go to a Expedition Max.

thanks!!
-S

Therabbittree

Reaction score
I can measure ours today for you. i wouldnot get a reg. Its like a tahoe no room window is almost to 3rd row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

shingles

Reaction score
I can measure ours today for you. i wouldnot get a reg. Its like a tahoe no room window is almost to 3rd row.

I would greatly appreciate at it. Thanks!

Hoping that the regular would be big enough. I can fit the regular version in the garage fairly comfortably... but the Max would be a tough squeeze.

-S

OP
OP
S

shingles

Reaction score
60” 2nd row to hatch, 3rd row20” top of seat to hatch, 30 “ bottom seat to hatch, 51” wide, 32.5 tall at roof drop by hatch, 36.5 tall by 3rd row.

Thanks for the measurements!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would greatly appreciate at it. Thanks!

Hoping that the regular would be big enough. I can fit the regular version in the garage fairly comfortably... but the Max would be a tough squeeze.

-S

Get the max! You’re spending all that money, just spend like 4% more and get actual usable space behind the third row and much larger rear doors for easier entry!

(This is an opinion post only. PLEASE don’t tell me why the max is worse and your regular size is better. If you absolutely must, please email all complaints to [email protected]).

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the max! You’re spending all that money, just spend like 4% more and get actual usable space behind the third row and much larger rear doors for easier entry!

(This is an opinion post only. PLEASE don’t tell me why the max is worse and your regular size is better. If you absolutely must, please email all complaints to [email protected]).

I agree with the above statement. The Max looks huge next to a regular one when parked side by side. Just like a short box F-150 looks so much better than the longer bed truck when parked next to each other. Once they are separated they don’t look so drastically different until you use them. Then you appreciate the larger cab or bed. If the Max won’t fit in your garage then that’s your answer. If it will then it should be in there.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only reason I chose the SWB Expy was for the few extra pounds of towing capacity. :) I wanted to make sure I had plenty for, if and when, we ever upgrade our camper.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All this aside, I don't think the SWB and Max have different dimensions for the 2nd row so the original poster probably doesn't have to worry about 2nd row space determining his decision....

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never use my third row so it stays down and we have a ton of space! With the third row up you have about enough room for three carry on bags. lol