CARiD.com sent me a damaged wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jeka

Jeka

Reaction score
Btw other merchants suck too

Rockauto has sent me a heater hose with a label neatly STAPLED thru it, and a scuffed and dusty as hell Bstock looking Rancho coilover
I ordered a set of TPMS sensors from them :) if they also screw up, this topic will be complete :)
oh, wait, I also need winter tires... - I will buy them from a local shop, so less chances here :)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a set of TPMS sensors from them :) if they also screw up, this topic will be complete :)
oh, wait, I also need winter tires... - I will buy them from a local shop, so less chances here :)

Buy from Walmart.com or Amazon, you can get like 60-70% off if you approach it with a list of several models and sizes and go with the best deal

Use ship to store with Walmart and have em drop it at the closest store across the border if shipping you is a hassle or not an available option... it's also free iirc

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw, at THAT pricepoint, you might have better results hitting up your local Ford dealer. Especially since that BMW M3 spokes design is pretty similar to an actual FoMoCo wheel iirc

I'd expect them to sell the things for $350-400 ea. (USD)

OP
OP
Jeka

Jeka

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to give a quick update, finally CarId issued a refund for the damaged wheel. After 12 days they received it.
Replacement wheel came with broken central cap, I checked the others and found one more broken. Carid promised to send replacement caps to me within 3-5 days, 11 days ago... still nothing from them. If I were in US, I would probably return the whole set back just because of the customer service, but I am in Canada and it is quite a hassle for me, so I guess this is the end of story. Hope they read it and make their service a little better for the next client.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to give a quick update, finally CarId issued a refund for the damaged wheel. After 12 days they received it.
Replacement wheel came with broken central cap, I checked the others and found one more broken. Carid promised to send replacement caps to me within 3-5 days, 11 days ago... still nothing from them. If I were in US, I would probably return the whole set back just because of the customer service, but I am in Canada and it is quite a hassle for me, so I guess this is the end of story. Hope they read it and make their service a little better for the next client.

So you're whole on the wheels, but stuck with 2 broken center caps?

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

If I were in your shoes, I would take solace in the knowledge that - even though I'm in Canada, at least I can grab some cannabis edibles, according to Joe Rogan they're the gateway to undestanding Dolphin to English language/translation.

Actually, because I earn a living as a commercial driver, the solace would all be in my imagination (mind's eye) can't risk doing what I did regularly back in the eighties.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get what you pay for! Rock Auto is the Wal Mart of parts stores. Come on guys, you want cheap, you get cheap. Their not exactly the Nieman Marcus of Auto parts. Their all about big volume, big profit. The personnel working in shipping are probably not top of the food chain. And more than likely never installed a radiator hose. So to them putting a parts or sales purchase tag through your upper radiator hose was never a issue to him/her. They had no idea coolant runs through it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

I agree, but I feel that CarID is the Walmart, but maybe RockAuto is the Target (Tarjay) of auto parts.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drop shipping is the cheapest and smartest way to process an order in most cases. Think about it, you take the order, don't have to warehouse the inventory, and a third party ships it. It's a win win for the seller. You might make a little more profit owning it and shipping it yourself, but you'd have to be a big fish to reap those rewards. And then you have to deal with inventory that doesn't move, personnel to wrap, label, etc. No, drop shipping is the way to profit. Customer service when something go's awry, that's another story.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had multiple bad experiences w/ RockAuto. Coincidentally, one was a heater hose. It took 3 tries to get one that was not cracked and they made me jump through hoops to get the replacements (each time 1h on the phone, half dozen photos, argument over shipping costs, etc.). On a recent occasion they sent the wrong part and their automated RMA system wanted me to eat half the cost of shipping on the basis that RockAuto said it was the aftermarket manufacturer's fault. I still buy from them though as they are often the cheapest option and do get parts here pretty quickly. I just do it with a credit card issued by a bank that I know will fight if I don't get what I paid for.

Yeah their anti-return policy works GREAT, i still have that stapled hose somewhere in the garage