Cat delete on a 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wraac7260

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a Cat delete on my newley acquired 2006 with a 5.4. It has a hole in the pipe just in front of the driverside cat. So instead of putting new cats I was hoping to do a delete on it. I realize there will be some issues with check engine lights but I can work with that. Has anyone out there done this yet? Any tips or kits out there that I'm unaware of? Any insight is appreciated.
Christian

Last edited:

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These days, many vehicle owners are getting "free" cat deletes just parking in their driveways overnight. (s)

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) — Phoenix police made a huge bust in a suspected catalytic converter theft ring on Thursday afternoon. Investigators said officers recovered more than 1,200 used and detached catalytic converters from a storage unit at 37th and Washington streets.

Police said detectives started the investigation in January when they suspected a man of having a “significant number” of catalytic converters in his possession. On Friday, Sgt. Vincent Cole identified that man as Shelton Ford, 48.

Detectives said they did “diligent police work” and used “advanced investigative methods” to gather evidence and trace the stolen car parts to the storage unit. When they opened the unit, it had more than 1,200 catalytic converters. Police say most of them are believed to be stolen since they had been freshly cut from cars. The street value of the car parts seized by police is estimated to be $195,000 or more.

Last edited: