Catalytic Converter Protection - 2023 Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No offense intended. You purchased some first-class hardware--worth sharing; and for you it would seem to be necessary.

OP
OP
TimberTex

TimberTex

Reaction score
I just wonder about all that heat that shield keeps in.
I'm curious about that too. It isn't air tight by any stretch and does have vents cut into the bottom as well as an access hole to reach the oil drain plug. I'm sure air still circulates through there when you're driving but it does close up a lot of previously open area around there.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@TimberTex , thank you for bringing this up - I didn't realize we have options. And ty @RacerBX1 for pointing out a Ford alternative in post #3. I unfortunately park outside most of the time, though in a (relatively) low crime area, with street lights and (some) cameras. I will likely look into this for peace of mind.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford Parts guy at your dealership was wrong and Ford does make a shield for that, but it’s called the “Transmission Underbody Shield” (Part No: NL1Z5D032C) and it replaces the hard felt piece with the heat shielding. I think the one you got might go slightly further back though.
For an anyone interested, this is currently $234.15 is Tasca. Has anyone installed the Ford version, and are you happy with it? Is there a pic out there?

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have under body shields that bolt on you can probably get special security bolts that are hardened and require a key to remove, like locking lugnuts.

OP
OP
TimberTex

TimberTex

Reaction score
If you have under body shields that bolt on you can probably get special security bolts that are hardened and require a key to remove, like locking lugnuts.
The shield I originally posted about comes with those. Seems like a pretty solid product.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni