Catch Can rape alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JLT 3.0 holds 3 ounces...previous version held 2 ounces. You unscrew it and empty it. I don’t drive my Expy that much, so for me I empty it about every 6-8 weeks.

Sounds like I need to get one installed asap. It's hard to believe these motor's are producing that much blow by. I'm not sure on install though, on my Mustang the PCV valve comes out of the passenger side valve cover and then goes to the throttle body. Is that how the expy is? Hard to see anything with that large plastic cover on top of engine.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
pasted this from the above link!

The tank holds 3 oz of fluid, while that may not sound like a lot, you shouldn’t see that much oil in your PCV system. Drain it every 2000-3000 miles and you will never come close to filling it.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The JLT is a plug-n-play mod for the Expy.

Does this mean it comes with 2 hoses and all 4 connectors? The one I installed just came with a few feet of hose, and you had to remove the 2 original fittings and reuse them. The other 2 ends just pushed onto the oil separator.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it does in fact include the (Hose with 90 degree fitting, (1) 21" hose with
45 degree fitting)

thx for replies and video link. Looks as simple as the Moroso on I installed on my Mustang was, well even simpler since you dont have to cut the old hose and reuse the original fittings. And it looks to be around the same price. Here's another video from AM, thats probably where i will order mine from, unless my local Jegs has them in stock.There's some more info in this video, but I don't like how they routed the lines, like in the above video.

https://www.americantrucks.com/jlt-v3-oil-separator-ps-black-1116.html

Last edited:

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a JLT 3.0 on my boosted 5.0 Mustang too. On both vehicles, the more/deeper I get into boost, the more oil that is collected.

I check each of them every 1,000 miles to ensure they are not overfilled. For some that may be about 2-4 weeks, but for me that's closer to 6-8 weeks...NOTE: mileage and level of boost you get into are the most important factors for when to empty.

Yes, the JLT system for your specific vehicle is truly a plug-n-play. You remove the old PCV hose and in its place plug in the JLT system. The hoses have the correct Ford connectors...very easy to return to OEM/Factory if you so desire.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it does in fact include the (Hose with 90 degree fitting, (1) 21" hose with
45 degree fitting)

thx for replies and video link. Looks as simple as the Moroso on I installed on my Mustang was, well even simpler since you dont have to cut the old hose and reuse the original fittings. And it looks to be around the same price. Here's another video from AM, thats probably where i will order mine from, unless my local Jegs has them in stock.There's some more info in this video, but I don't like how they routed the lines, like in the above video.

https://www.americantrucks.com/jlt-v3-oil-separator-ps-black-1116.html

Also available on Amazon for the same price.
I buy anything and everything I can on Amazon as all my purchases are 5% cash back with the Amazon CC and 2 day shipping on most items.